Try these foods to reduce inflammation
Inflammation is an important part of our body’s immune response. When an area of the body is inflamed, it is generally because our immune system is trying to fight off infection or any damage to the surrounding tissue in the area. However, chronic inflammation is a problem faced by many and can potentially be caused by autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis.
Thankfully, there are ways to relieve pain caused by inflammation that do not involve pain medicine. Many of the foods we eat have anti-inflammatory properties without us even knowing! Similarly, there are plenty of foods that do not assist in combating inflammation. Let’s take a look at both:
First, the foods to avoid when inflammation occurs:
• Processed meats such as steaks, hot dogs, sausages, burgers etc.
• Artificially sugary foods such as candy, cakes, sodas, etc.
• Fried food
• Refined carbs: white bread, white rice, pasta, etc.
While the foods to combat inflammation are, but not limited to, some of the following:
• Whole grains
• Fruits such as blueberries, tomatoes, apples, and strawberries
• Greens such as kale, spinach,
• Spices such as turmeric, garlic, and ginger
• Fish high in omega-3 fatty acids such as salmon & tuna
• Green tea
• Olive oil
A well-balanced, healthy diet is a significant factor in reducing chronic inflammation. However, before starting any new diet or exercise routine, it is important that you consult your physician. If you would like to learn additional details about Theramotion, please contact us at 718-279-9800. Additionally, you can fill out contact information on our Contact Us page and we will get back to you.