Treating lower back pain
Lower back pain is a common issue faced by many throughout the world. While the causes and treatments for lower back pain can vary, it is important to determine and treat the problem because the lower back is part of the support areas for the spine.
Some causes for lower back pain are, but not limited to, the following:
• Muscle strain or sprain from lifting heavy objects
• Herniated disc
• Spinal stenosis
• Joint dysfunction
• Degenerative disc disease
Because lower back pain is such a common problem, there are a variety of exercises that can be used in order to alleviate discomfort. Each exercise should be done about 3-5 times for approximately 30 seconds each. If you experience any sort of pain, it is important to stop immediately.
Examples of some exercises include, but are not limited to:
• Back muscle stretches: lying face up, and bringing knees to the chest.
• Hip stretches: raising one knee at a time to the chest.
• Hamstring stretches: while seated, with one leg on a chair at a time, lean the body forward so the chest touches the knee.
Before starting any exercise for an injured or diagnosed area of the body, it is important that you consult your physician. If you would like to learn additional details about Theramotion, please contact us at 718-279-9800. Additionally, you can fill out contact information on our Contact Us page and we will get back to you.